Private 1:1 lessons
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
1. Healthy piano technique – how to play the instrument efficiently and without injury.
2. Music Appreciation – how to listen to music, to read music notation, and to play in various styles of music.
3. Musical skills – such as playing by ear, composing, improvising, arranging, performing, and accompanying.
AGES & LEVELS OF STUDENTS:
I accept students age 5+ including Adult learners, and Seniors. I work with complete beginners up to RCM Gr. 10 Level as well as students that have complex learning needs.
THE PIANO STUDIO:
Pre-pandemic, all lessons were taught in-person at the piano studio located in St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 73 Simcoe Street, Downtown Toronto. As of March 13, 2020, all in-person lessons have temporarily been moved online either synchronously via Zoom or asynchronously via pre-recorded videos.
I hope to resume in-person lessons when it is safe to do so.
SCHEDULE, LENGTH AND FREQUENCY OF LESSONS:
My teaching schedule is Tuesdays-Fridays between 1-9pm. No weekend, Monday or morning lessons.
Most students begin with one 45 min lesson per week and then increase from there.
Lessons taken on a biweekly and occasional basis are also available to busy adult learners.
$25 trial lesson fee
$40 registration fee
Lesson rates starting at $60/ 45 min lesson and up – prepaid by month or by term.
Students are recommended to commit to at least one year of lessons, which is at least 32 weekly lessons per academic year.
Fees for books, materials, and instruments are additional.
1. Non-compulsory, performance events such as: Recitals, Music festivals, and Community programs.
As a certified member of the Ontario Registered Music Teachers Association and the Canadian Federation of Music Teachers Association, my students have access to opportunities from these organizations.
2. Special projects such as: Silent movie soundtracks, Canadian music intensives, Ensemble work, Composition contests, and Practice challenges.
3. Access to my music library of scores, books, digital materials, and manipulatives.